There are lots and lots of fancy hotels around the globe, but if you want to spend an evening below the sea, your options are pretty limited. The private Conrad Maldives Rangali Island just opened what it calls the world’s first underwater hotel, and it is an incredible place which can actually fulfill that desire.
The hotel is called The Muraka, which Designboom points out means “coral” in the native Dhivehi. When you book a reservation, you get the entire villa, which features floors above and below the water line. Up top you can enjoy a luxurious living area and exterior porch with attached pool, but the real fun starts when you dip below the waves of the Indian Ocean.
BGR Top Deals:
- Behold: This is the Instant Pot of air fryers
- Today’s best deals: Instant Pot Duo60, $16 Bluetooth earbuds, $20 fast wireless charger, Dyson, more
Trending Right Now:
- This is what a sunrise on Mars sounds like, according to a computer algorithm
- Google just told us how to fix the worst thing about Androids and iPhones
- GameStop kicks off a massive sale for PowerUp Rewards Pro members this weekend
This incredible underwater hotel will set you back $50,000 per night originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 10 Nov 2018 at 14:07:52 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.