Google CEO Sundar Pichai is scheduled to testify before Congress next week, and he’ll potentially face questions on a number of thorny issues ranging from perceived search engine bias to Google’s interest in developing a search engine for use in China that would be heavily censored there.
To that latter point, a top US general went public today with what sounds like a pretty reasonable question for the tech giant. It boiled down to, essentially, why are you guys willing to work with China, but have such a problem working with your own country’s military?
BGR Top Deals:
- You can get a 4K Fire TV today on Amazon for the same price as a Fire TV Stick
- Bose makes a sound bar you can actually afford, and it’s down to its lowest price ever
Trending Right Now:
- A 17-year-old just designed an iPhone lock screen that might be better than Apple’s
- This might be our first look at the Galaxy S10+ and its triple-lens camera
- Why does the new PG-13 version of ‘Deadpool 2’ exist? ‘It’s a family movie. Also money.’
US general has a question for Google: Why will you work with China but not us? originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 7 Dec 2018 at 23:07:44 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.