Both SpaceX and NASA are eager to get the Dragon cargo spacecraft back to Earth now that it has fulfilled its duties in bringing much-needed supplies to the crew aboard the International Space Station. The ship was originally expected to be released from the ISS earlier this week but plans have since changed, and NASA now expects the space station to bid farewell to the Dragon on Sunday afternoon instead.
Prior to this latest change, the most recent schedule would have seen the ISS release the Dragon on Sunday morning, but now NASA says it wants to release it later due to some weather quirks back on Earth.
BGR Top Deals:
- The best-tasting protein bars on the planet are on sale at their lowest price ever, today only
- Get more out of your Instant Pot with this awesome $10 cookbook
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s an exciting ‘Avengers: Endgame’ theory that might actually come true
- The top 5 benefits that make the American Express Platinum Card a must-have
- You can still get Sony’s insanely good $350 wireless noise cancelling headphones for $199.99
The International Space Station will release its SpaceX cargo ship this weekend originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 13 Jan 2019 at 09:32:20 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.