It’s like the streaming TV business’ version of that old will-they-or-won’t-they sitcom trope. Is Netflix in danger of losing The Office, the beloved workplace comedy series that ran on NBC for nine seasons — and which, several years after the final episode aired, still remains one of Netflix’s top properties? Or will Netflix pay a handsome fee to keep it around, a la the multi-million dollar deal the streamer recently struck to keep Friends for at least another year?
The wildcard here is the forthcoming Netflix rival being launched by the parent company of NBC Entertainment, which would presumably want to bring a property as hot as The Office back into its fold.
BGR Top Deals:
- This awesome electric bike has 15.5-mile range, pedals for backup, and it can fold to fit anywhere
- Someone forgot to tell Philips Hue to end all these Cyber Week deals on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- A Chinese phone you can’t buy packs features the iPhone XS and Galaxy S10 can only dream of
- Huge potential ‘Avengers: Endgame’ spoiler comes from the distant past
- Netflix original movie ‘IO’ practically begs you to cancel your subscription
NBC execs just reassured everyone ‘The Office’ won’t leave Netflix anytime soon originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 23 Jan 2019 at 22:05:48 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.