If you already have trouble finding the exact emoji you’re looking for, well, things are about to get a tad more complex. Earlier today, the Unicode Consortium provided its official stamp of approval for new emojis that will likely start showing up on iPhone and Android devices later in the year. The list of new emojis is more inclusive of individuals with disabilities, which is something Apple actually pushed for early last year. With that said, some of the new emojis include people in wheel chairs, bionic arms, seeing eye dogs, and more.
Some other new emojis we can look forward to include a fresh assortment of animals, including a sloth, a skunk, an orangutan, and a flamingo. Some of the more obscure emojis to make the cut for 2019 include falafel, waffle, a band-aid, and ballet shoes. All told, 59 new emojis will be coming our way soon. Incidentally, that figure jumps to 230 emojis once all the variations of skin tone and gender are taken into account.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon has a rare discount on the only Instant Pot with a built-in sous vide cooker
- The best-selling Wi-Fi extender on Amazon now has 19,000 5-star ratings, and it’s only $25 today
Trending Right Now:
- Heartbreaking ‘Avengers: Endgame’ theory says all those dead heroes aren’t coming back
- This is Samsung’s Galaxy S10+, again
- Google Chrome can now tell you if your passwords were hacked
A look at all of the new emojis coming to your smartphone in 2019 originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 21:30:50 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.