It sounds incredibly dystopian, and like a nod to Spike Jonze’s 2013 movie Her, but Viv Labs CEO Dag Kittlaus shared his quirky-sounding vision for the future of gadgets and machines during a discussion this week as part of the Samsung Developer Conference. One day, he imagines, you’re going to make a tech purchase of some kind, take it home, pull it out of the box, plug it in — and it’s just going to start talking to you. Politely, like a friend, in a kind of high-tech superseding of the days when you had to navigate start menus and read instructions. It will just know who you are, what you like (thanks to pre-loaded data), and will ask you what you want to do next.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Instant Pot Duo60, $16 Bluetooth earbuds, $20 fast wireless charger, Dyson, more
- Dyson’s $400 V7 cordless stick vacuum is $216 today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Google just told us how to fix the worst thing about Androids and iPhones
- Russo brothers just trolled fans yet again over the ‘Avengers 4’ title
- Galaxy S10 won’t have the all-screen design you want, but it’ll get the best next thing
This Samsung exec wants gadgets to start talking to us like friends right out of the box originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 21:34:58 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.