Epic Games launched its just-announced digital distribution platform last night during The Game Awards 2018 with a limited selection of games for sale, including Supergiant Games’ new title Hades. Even with its generous revenue split for developers, competing with Steam is going to be an uphill battle for Epic Games. But if there’s one surefire way to get people on your side, it’s to give away a bunch of free stuff.
Epic announced on its website last night that starting on December 14th and lasting through 2019, the Epic Games store will give away a game for free every two weeks. Providing the promotion ends next December 31st, that’s more than 25 games that will be given away to everyone who has an account.
BGR Top Deals:
- You can get a 4K Fire TV today on Amazon for the same price as a Fire TV Stick
- Bose makes a sound bar you can actually afford, and it’s down to its lowest price ever
Trending Right Now:
- A 17-year-old just designed an iPhone lock screen that might be better than Apple’s
- Just look at how much better Hubble’s photos look after it was serviced
- This might be our first look at the Galaxy S10+ and its triple-lens camera
The Epic Games store will give away a free game every two weeks in 2019 originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 7 Dec 2018 at 21:03:48 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.